Monday, March 11, 2013

Wide Awake

I'm wide awakeYeah, I was in the darkI was falling hardWith an open heart
I'm wide awakeHow did I read the stars so wrong?
I'm wide awakeAnd now it's clear to meThat everything you seeAin't always what it seems
I'm wide awakeYeah, I was dreaming for so long
I wish I knew thenWhat I know nowWouldn't dive inWouldn't bow downGravity hurtsYou made it so sweetTill I woke up onOn the concrete
[Chorus]Falling from cloud 9Crashing from the highI'm letting go tonight(Yeah I'm) Falling from cloud 9
I'm wide awakeNot losing any sleepI picked up every pieceAnd landed on my feet
I'm wide awakeNeed nothing to complete myself 
I'm wide awakeYeah, I am born againOutta the lion's denI don't have to pretendAnd it's too lateThe story's over now, the end
I wish I knew thenWhat I know nowWouldn't dive inWouldn't bow downGravity hurtsYou made it so sweetTill I woke up onOn the concrete
Falling from cloud 9Crashing from the highI'm letting go tonight (yeah, I'm letting go)I'm Falling from cloud 9
Thunder rumblingCastles crumblingI am trying to hold onGod knows that I triedSeeing the bright sideBut I'm not blind anymore...


No comments: