Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Marche


I haven’t been doing food reviews in awhile now, as always, i’ve been busy. About a week ago i went to Marche with one of my gf at the Curve. I’ve heard about it before, and seen pictures on it on my friend’s fb, my bro’s and his exgf, my exbf, and so on. Well, in pictures the surrounding looks inviting with nice interiors and having that cool “Marche” name on it, having people to think what kind of food do they serve there?

So i went.

I have two words for this place.

Over-priced and Over-rated.


We sat at something like the in the cave section.
The concept of the place is like a market. You have to go and order at the so-called hawkers that sells the food that you want.They’ll give you a card, so whenever you order anything, they’ll put a stamp on it, and you pay at the exit based on the stamp in you card. 


I’ll comment further on this after i have my say on the food.

You know, i love food. I don't mind paying extra on good food. I accept the fact that some place charged more than what they should have for crappy food because of the environment/interior. But, i believe there is a fine line when crappy food is just highly priced without valid justification.

Marche is one of it.

This is what i ordered. Chicken chop which says on the board cost RM16.50. They didn’t say the sidelines cost somewhat RM5.50. Gladly i didn't know what sidelines to take because they only have three; grilled corn, mashed and baked potato. I just took one-baked potato.


As per in picture, the chicken was just chicken really (i’ve tasted better chicken at kedai tepi jalan) and at some point over cooked. I can taste that it’s been burned and i don't think they even marinate the chicken, because it tasted flat. They served it with the mushroom sauce which doesn't taste like mushroom at all. It’s not gravy enough that i could have it as a soup! The baked potato was served with a hint of mayonnaise which doesn't taste like mayonnaise at all and the potato was cold. All around, everything was lack of flavour.

My friend ordered something cheesy spaghetti. I don’t remember what it’s called. It tasted okay for me, better than my silly chicken chop meal. Price was RM25.

On average the food are priced RM20 above.

For beverages, i ordered hot chocolate which i find flattering. Adilla ordered milkshake. I didn’t asked her how it was. I could be bothered because i bet it tasted like ordinary milkshake. Btw, McD has the best milkshake. So far, none can top up McD’s milkshake.


On average, beverages are priced RM10 above, could be more. 

So, my bill came somewhere around RM40++, plus all the tax and all. This is totally not worth it. I would never come back here for crappy food with ridiculous price. Plus, i don't  understand how they can charged the service tax, because they didn’t come and served us. You have to go and get your food yourself. I went back and forth three times for my chicken, so where is the service again?

So they have pizzas, spaghetti, westerns and tempura and all, but it's not that good. I mean if you want Italian food, try Italliannese. If you want western food like lamb or grilled beef like that, i think you people know a better place. That place is not Marche.


* When it comes to places to eat, i like to be served. Another reason to not come back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David