Friday, February 26, 2010

23 going 24.

So, i've been thinking. In a couple of days i will turn 24.

You know 24 is not a good number. I just wrote about it a couple of weeks ago on how i view 24 (completely not thinking i will turn to be one soon). Do i still live in my own little world? Because i honestly think that i'm still 22. So i get a little electric shock, when i think back and go, oh my..i'm 23 going 24!

My family is not a fan of throwing a surprise party on birthday. Well, i remember there was such occasion when i was small, and i remember, when my younger sister was like 6/7 years old...we would go and buy a cake, and try to hide it from her in the fridge, and when we got home to hide it, she was going "ape tu!", and all of us was like "takde apa.takde apa"..when she already knew it was her cake. Hhmm..so much for surprises.

So usually on birthday, my dad would take us for a special dinner at a restaurant or hotel to celebrate. And like all other dads in the world, before we start ordering and ate our food, there WILL be a talk on how growing up and older should be. more responsibilities and so on. My sisters and brothers would look at each other and go, there it goes again. Haha.

But now, as me and the rest of my siblings get older...it turns the other way around. We would take the family out for dinner to celebrate our own birthday. Consider it a gift for having us the the family. Since my birthday is coming very soon, i'm still thinking of a special place to treat my family. Any ideas?

I'm just not a fan of surprises.

First, i'm hard to impress. Think you have to be really subtle to surprise me, because i can sense it! Like i know it's coming when you guys are acting all weird and fishy. It's just not normal to bahave like that, so i know you're up to something.

Second, i get a little shy and embarassed when ppl are singing me b'day songs. In my mind, i'll be saying....okkay..not the whole song ppl, pls.Can't wait to blow out the candles and get out of the spotlight.

My best b'day celebration would have to be last year.

My classmates during L.L.B celebrated my birthday (together with k.linda and abg rusnan is it?), but it was on my birthday, so I feel special. They bought a cake, and it says on the cake "Happy Birthday March Babies". Sweet! Since k.linda and abg rusnan was also there beside me when they sang the song, so i didn't feel uncomfortable. Almost enjoyed it. We celebrate in the evening while waiting for some class,..i think,can't remember why we stayed back that day. urmm.

Before that, at lunch time, my firmates decided to ignore me. They all left without saying a word. Until i found out, they actually planned a surprise lunch! They treat me to a surprise lunch! And i got a sudu besi as a gift! Haha. Funny. Now, that surprised me. Really. Because i almost felt upset that they ignored me, almost nak merajuk okkk. Haha!

And when i got back after lunch, at my desk lies many gifts. How sweet! There were chocolates from England from Kak Nawal. A HUGE lollipops from Akmal (akmal, i actually attempted to eat the whole candy. I gave up bile lidah jadi haus.haha). Another chocolates from Ana. And cards. They were the little things in life that made me happy. That puts a smile on my face.

It was a simple celebration. But it was memorable and meaningful to me, for one important reason...because it was celebrated by people that meant a lot to me. It was celebrated by people whom i was lucky to be friends with, that cared about me, and i cared about them. So really, from the bottom of my heart. I love you guys!!

Oh ya, even Tuan Lee gave me a present. He was walking by and he said "aku xada hadia, amik gula2 satu". Sweet still. = )

Anyway, this year, will be somehow a lonely celebration. Well, you know how it is, working life seperates us from people we love. And, well, i have been kindda lonely this couple of months. No one special calls to be anticipated from someone special anymore. So, I don't feel like celebrating anything, really.

My idea of celebration is because we have something to look foward to, and i'm not sure right now i have that.So i'm keeping it subtle this year. Keeping it within the family.

So, i'm turning 24 huh.
I hope it's a good number.

Don't wish me yet ok, pls?
I don't want to get older too soon.

p/s : Celebration is not about getting big / expensive gift. Not about the cake. Not about the candles. Not about what you give, but by the people in it. A simple thought / gift to show you remember or care for someone goes a long way. I call itthe little things in life that matters to me.

1 comment:

ida said...

yeah...so true..working life separates us from people we love..

hmm...i'm getting one year older too in a few days time.. :(
Time flies...huh!