Sunday, December 19, 2010

Who has your back?

I was having a conversation with a friend about him celebrating his xmas at his kampung. He said he bought presents for his grandpa and how excited his grandpa was that he can't wait till xmas to open it. It  reminds me of my late grandpa. I miss him.

I was kin to my grandpa (on my dad's side), because he used to spend a lot of time of our home, back then, in Gombak. I didn't go  school yet at that age except for kelas mengaji, so i use to stay with him in the house. Spend a lot of time talking to him in the living room. I remember we had a really large living room area with plenty of sofas! He spend a lot of his time there.

One particular moment i remember most with him was at this evening. It must be Ramadhan because he wanted to go to the pasar ramadhan. I like to follow him around, so that evening i decided to skip my kelas mengaji so i can go to the pasar with him. We walked, and i dont know how we could have walked there because as i remember now, the distance was quite far. Keeping in mind i was puasa at that day. At the pasar, i said to him i was thirsty, so we went to the gerai jual air and he asked me if i puasa atau tidak. I said to him i tak puasa! hehehe. So grandpa bought me the drink! Wala..batal puasa ku! hehe. Then at home, my daddy asked me why i didn't puasa (my daddy is very very fierce. trust me, i know!). Honestly, i was quite scared but since grandpa was there...i said i went to pasar with grandpa...and my dad terus tak jadi marah! My grandpa always back me up!! Grandpa always have their cucu's back! TREU FACT! I miss those moments bermanja with him.

Sadly i didnt get the change to spend more time with him, because i stayed overseas for a couple of years and he passed away while we were there. But i still remember his tender care for me and the time spend with him. I have never felt lonely and as loved when we was around.  Grandpa, i pray you and i miss you.

If you were still around, i know i dont have to put up with boys that eventually break your heart into pieces, because i have you to talk to, and have my back.

Now nobody in the family backs me up.....

No comments: