Sunday, February 6, 2011

Empty

I am one those people who loves theme, and that includes having a themed bedroom. I have been on this mission to have a safari theme bedroom. The trick is to filled it in with animal print stuff.

So i start with my bed, i had this animal print bed spread and blanket, earth colored comforter and various sizes of animal print pillows. I even bought an animal print carpet to go in my room. My sister said i am going over board, maybe i am. I should say that i even bought an animal print table cloth for my room and a towel, and some other personal stuff you people do not need to know. haha! I think i did a good job on the bed, but the room still looks empty-on the wall.

My wall is cream colored. First, i was thinking maybe i should buy like a huge framed picture to hang on my wall. As it turns out, it was very difficult to find one, not to mention they are quite costy too. I saw one in IKEA, which cost aroung RM499! uummm...So moving on to my plan B, i think it would be cool if i put a floating shelf. I like this idea because other than it will be as a deco to my wall, i can also put my stuff since i am running out of space in my wardrobe. My problem now is i don't know who can assemble it on my wall. I probably just want one or two of those floating shelves and as far as i've seen, most of them are sold on a DIY basis, which means i'll have to buy...

1. A driller
2.Screws
3.Ruler or a measuring tape
4. Some skill

That just looks like too much work. What if i ruin the wall? Jeez, my dad would be frantic.

I wanted the room to fully completed before i post the photos here.


So what else can i do to fill this emptyness?


Ideas please..


p/s Tonight, i feel like something is not right. Is it because it is going to be Monday?

No comments: