Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Trip in Seoul Korea.

As you all know (since i  posted it up on FB, heh), i was away to Korea for 6 days. Actually it was only about 4 days, since we transit in Vietnam, minus the 9 hours flight and all.

 
All i can say about Korea is that it is splendid. The country is beautiful and i am always amazed by the cleanliness and tideness of the country. It is a very well planned city. It 's filled with tall buildings but not designed to chased the skyscraper, tall and high rise buildings. Not all bungalows and luxurious. But it was pleasant with buildings all neat aranged and tidy. It's just like in the tv series you see on television, or... on your dvd's.

 
Day One : We went to Nami Island. It takes about 2 1/2 hours drive from the airport, and then you have to take a 10 minutes ferry ride to the Island. Those who are big with Winter Sonate would know that this Island is the place where they shot the romantic and most memorable shot of Winter Sonata.

 
Nami Island is a half moon shaped island. Koreans believe that half moon resembles that life is unperfect. The story behind the Island is that a lady drowned herself because the man she loved was killed out of jealousy by the people who was jealous with her.
The Island is perfect for sightseeing being it's beautiful. It is also a lovers Island because it's perfect for dating.

 
 
This is the place where they shot one of the scene in Winter Sonata. There are many other scenery that looks similar as this, so if you're a WS fan, you would know which one!

 
Many koreans also visit this Island as a new way to proposed. Its like if the guy asked you to go to to this island with him, means he's going to propose, so get ready! and if vice versa asked, means YOU HAVE TO MARRY HER! Rumours has it, mawi proposed to Ikin here...

 
Still in day one in Korea, we head back to Seoul to Icheon Street. This is in the heart of Seoul. I love Seoul! Koreans people are all so fashionable and civilised! They dont speak much english but they sure know their manners. I fell so much at home as if i was one of them because they are so friendly and my fashion sense fits them. So basically, if you love to style up yourself, you wont fell out of place because everyone here is fashionable.

 
That's the hotel we stayed. Hotels in Korea are small but the interior is super classy, equivalent to 5 stars in Malaysia. I love it!

Day Two: We went to the Blue House which is the President of Korea resident. It was told that it looks small on the outside but it's bigger underground. Then we also visited the Kyongbok Palace.

Outside the Blue House

Kyongbok Palaca is huge and there's a live show where they demostrate how in the days of dynasty they performed the exchange of shift. Later on you can take pictures with them.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Everland- the theme park. We went on all the rides!! rollercoaster made of wood is freaking scary. It is the longest rollercoaster made of wood in the world!

See that rollercoaster at the back. Awesome baby! Although there were times when i was at the top i scream to myself that i should not have gone on this ride, but it's too late to go back off. Haha.I mean it okay, freaking scary. Scariest ride i've ever been on!

Day Three: We visited the National Ginseng Manufacture and Amethyst Factory. Not quite as fun, but not bad. Layan je laa. Hehe. Then we went to Namdaemun market, which is a must visit place if you go to Korea. Much like Petaling Street in Malaysia, only better. It's never ending and sells everything. It was raining the whole day so shopping was a little bit spoilt for us, but there's an underground shop too, so it was okay.

Things in Korea aren't that cheap, so dont expect anything to be drastically cheap. but i wouln't say it's expensive either. Although for certain, stuff in Korea are just irristable. You won't find them in Malaysia.

At night, we joined the Koreans watch the World Cup. Koreans was up that night against...(i can't remember.haha). it was still raining, but the Koreans was still there to support their country and they won that night.

Best night ever! That's my good friend / firmates in Uitm- Lyn. I went to Korea with her and her sister-Tania. 

Day four- Leaving Korea and heading to Vietnam!

That's my super cute and nice tour assistant = )))))))))))))))))))))

And there you have it, a brief of my trip to Korea which was indeed splendid. If you want to see more pictures, please visit my fb. I don't know how many times i've repeated this, but I love Korea. I'm planning to go back in the Winter season.

Halal food is very difficult to find in Korea, unless you're in Seoul, there's a muslim street. And muslim street is super cool because there you'll meet Hot Muslim Koreans and Adorable Muslim Indonasian. I had the chance to chit chatting with them at this famous turkish bakery shop at muslim street. Ah, so much fun and refreshing!


One of the muslim restaurants in muslim street.

Koreans love malaysian and malaysian love koreans. I stopped at this shop where this old koreans man loves malaysia so much that he keeps a book in malaysia in his shop. He even have us extra discount and he keeps a lot of name card from malaysian who visited his shop. We even saw a name card of our superior in AG!

Koreans are also truly friendly and they know how to take care of their tourist. Once they identify you as a tourist or an outsider, they'll give you free gift and free stuff. We got a lots of free stuff there! My oh my!

I can really go on and on about how much i love Korea and you readers are going to get sick of it. So better that you all go there too. I promise you that you will fall in love with it. I havent been to a lot of country in this world, but so far Korea is the best. I love Gold Coast but i would go there for a second time (unless someone sponsored me or some kind.haha). But i would go to Korea again. In fact im planning to do so (once again, i already said  that). See! I'm just going to be repeating how much i love Korea.

I'm going to stop now before you all vomit of my next i love Korea.

I'll write about my trip to Vietnam soon.

Tonight Korea v Brazil!

I'm wearing my Korea t-shirt tonight!

Anyong!!!!!!!



* My korean tour guide said i look like american indian and a man from Malaysian asked me from which oversea university am i from....im a proud uitms grad. A korean guy said i look beautiful. I love Korea!!!!!!

3 comments:

Hani said...

yanaaaa..ko pgi nami island!! wahh jeles.kang jun sangggg!!

pretty_happy said...

ha'ah..pegi nami island..sebenarnye aku xtgk pon WS LAGI..hahaha..

Pak Zawi said...

Yes, it is the same assistant though I don't know who is your tour guide as it wasn't shown in your blog. I guess when we do Korea we will go to the same place. I miss the River museum where the old river was rehabilitated.