Monday, January 17, 2011

Traveller

"ilyana, you look like a traveller"

Those words lingers in my mind. It was said to me by someone whom i meet for my official work task in Labuan. I do enjoy travelling, but i didn't think it would resemble in my appearence.

Well, i've been really busy this week. So many work to get done. I've been running here and there and everywhere. Just as i plan to get some more work done during weekends, i was informed to attend a workshop at Nilai Spring Resort and Golf Club. The workshop was legal-less, but nevertheless required our attendance. My body was screaming in exhaustion and my mind was fighting to stay focus. And my PMS was due, so that contributed to my tiredness. The workshop started on friday night and ended on Sunday noon. Bye Bye Weekends!! Then, right after the workshop ended, i had to rush back home and pack again for Kota Bharu. I feel like a chipsmore. Only in my situation, it's like now i'm here, then i'm not (elsewhere).

I was literally alone in KB. I knew noone from  Kelantan. I dont think i have a friend there too. Emmm..Not too sure, but i dont think so. I didnt even book any hotel. Just went there and asked the taxi driver to drove me to this hotel. But then the taxi driver said he knew a better hotel. So i asked him to bring me there and it looks okay, so i stayed at Habib Hotel KB. Actually, it is not bad at all. The room was very classy and comfortable. The hotel staff was really nice too. I ordered dinner to my room and they gave me free juice! They also said i could use the hotel car if i wanted to go anywhere. I'm like, woo..this looks a little too much!

That night, i realise i wasn't alone in KB! My friend Syeela was also there but she stayed at a different hotel. I meet her in the morning, that was sweet. And since i finished early and her's was dragged to noon, she stopped by at my hotel at lunch. Before that, i wondered around KB town. I went to the famous pasar Che Siti Khadijah. Obviously people there knows im an outsider because everyone was starring at me! I felt awkward, so i just stopped at a few stalls to buy some local delicacies. So when people say Pasar Che Siti Khadijah, i can say Yes I've been there! Then, i had lunch at McD and stayed in my hotel while waiting for my the taxi to once again drove me to the airport.

"Wondering around KB town-alone. Eating at McD-alone. WTH, i'm having a great time!"

Then, as i arrive at Putrajaya, i had to make a quick stop to the office. Then i had dinner with a dear friend, Hanna. (sorry Hanna, i just like to put doube n in you name.hehe).

Now, i finally home! I miss my uncompleted safari theme bedroom! So there you have it, this week i really feel like a traveller. Traveller on duty. It's not as fun as traveller for leisure. But i don't mind. I'm not really the stay home person.

p/s airport reminds me of the excitement on travelling. i can't wait for my next trip due...end of the year????im going to die waiting!